Top Excuses for Missed Appointments
Italian car maker Fiat Chrysler Auto-mobiles were once criticized by the German Transport Minister for not showing up for a meeting to discuss emissions irregularities of its diesel vehicles.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer was nearly two hours late for a specially arranged private business dinner, and several attendees supposedly left before she arrived. Mayer reportedly told some attendees that she had fallen asleep.
That must be one of the most cringe-worthy apologies to ever have to make, and a pretty poor excuse. Here are some other creative excuses for no-shows courtesy of a Telegraph article:
- I’d just put a casserole in the oven
- My plastic surgery (for enhancement purposes) needed some “tweaking” to get it just right
- I was sitting in the bathroom and my feet and legs fell asleep. When I stood, up I fell and broke my ankle
- I had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning
- I woke up in a good mood and didn’t want to ruin it
- I had a “lucky night” and didn’t know where I was
- I got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn’t get out
- I had a gall stone wanted to heal holistically
- I caught my uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry
- I accidentally got on a plane.
Admittedly, the excuses given above are for missing work, but can you imagine how you’d feel if somebody bailed on a meeting with you purely because they just didn’t feel like it?
We all value every usable minute of every day, it’s a precious commodity after all. No matter how often we might wish for a 30-hour day, that’s just not going to happen.
It’s why we do our absolute total best to not waste that time, making the most of our days by arranging meetings, appointments, even (gasp) holidays. It’s even more important to not waste other people’s time.
Whether it’s being disowned by your dentist for too many no-shows, letting your spouse down over a date night or losing a client, there is no excuse anymore for missing appointments. Cloud Associate app has your back, get it from the app store now.
Cloud Associate is a ground breaking new productivity app developed to enable professionals to make life easier, with a beautifully clean and intuitive interface – encrypted and securely held in the cloud.